2017 Judging on Parade Day
Judging for entries will consider floats, classic or antique vehicles, unpaid entertainment, bands and equestrian-mounted units.
• Judges will be stationed at the mid-point of the parade route, where they will evaluate each entry for creativity, exhibiting the theme, appearance, originality and use of music. A simple matrix or scoring criteria will be used to judge each entry.
• Throughout the parade, judges will try to keep a running tally of individual scores. At the conclusion of the parade, judges will quickly compare scores and select three winning entries.
• Honors will consist of:
• Grand Prize for best overall entry
• Village President’s Award for the entry that best depicts the theme, “The Best of Barrington”
• Spirit of Barrington Award for the entry that personifies hometown dedication, ingenuity, originality and community pride.
• Winners will be announced at the conclusion of the event at the Brat Tent Festival and on the Village website. Prizes will include gift cards to Barrington Restaurants.
Parade Safety Policies
You MAY PASS OUT CANDY, water and other items of your choice along the parade route, however, you MAY NOT THROW items into the crowd. Also, all participants passing things out must be walking along the pink line, close to the parade spectators. Participants on floats and in cars may NOT throw items.
- Please distribute the Parade Safety Policies to all your group members.
- To ensure the safety and well-being of all Parade participants and spectators, the Barrington Independence Day Parade Committee developed and adopted this set of Parade Safety Policies. Your submission of the Parade Registration Form indicates that you have reviewed and agree to adhere to these Parade Safety Policies. You agree to instruct your group of the parade Safety Policies.
- By participating in the Parade, each member of your group agrees to abide by the Parade Safety Policies
- Failure to abide by the Parade Safety Policies may result in removal from the 2014 Parade and/or future Parades.
HAVE A QUESTION?
CALL US TODAY
Barrington 4th of July Parade Committee
PO Box 3335
Barrington, IL 60011
Hours: Mon – Fri, 8:00am – 4:30pm